Mr. Chesmore's Column
We are looking at the home stretch of the first semester. As I write this we are getting ready to leave for Thanksgiving break, followed by the month of December that will seem to fly by.
This time of year is full of anticipation of the holiday breaks and with that we may see some coasting by our students or the exact opposite, scramble mode trying to save any grades they can. I urge parents to support their students through the last 3-4 weeks of school to ensure grades are where they should be when December 20th rolls around. Powerschool is a great resource for keeping tabs on your student and what we are doing in our classrooms. It also provides email communication with teachers.
Reminder about the new JH policy… 8th graders this year must have 6.5 credits.
Mission Valley Junior High Promotion Requirements
1. In order for students to be promoted from eighth grade to ninth grade, students will need a total of 12.5 credits. Students will receive one-half unit of credit in each class they pass per semester
.a. Those 12.5 credits must include 2 credits of each core class (English, Math, Science, Social Studies)
2. Students may only receive a maximum of 6 elective credits during their seventh and eighth grade years.
3. All classes must first be attempted during the regular school year at Mission Valley Junior High.
4. In the event a student needs to repeat classes, a committee comprised of the student, the student’s parents, administration, and staff will determine the student’s schedule.
5. Students can transfer credits in from summer school at Mission Valley USD 330, or other administrator approved programs.
The cold and flu season has been prevalent. As always attendance is imperative BUT please keep your student home if they are running a fever or vomiting. They are welcome to return to school 24hrs. after these types of symptoms have subsided. I wish everyone a happy holiday season. It is a time to find comfort in your friends and family. Be thankful for who you have. Safe travels to everyone hitting the road. As always it's great to be a part of this outstanding community called Mission Valley. Please feel free to contact me with any good news, questions or concerns, my door is always open. email@example.com or 866-557-6686.