What is FBLA?
This year our FBLA is trying to get more students involved in our club. It a great organization to be a part of; it allows everybody to get involved, get to know people from other Kansas schools, and it looks good on resumes when you are applying for scholarships or jobs.
This year our officer team includes: President: Taylor Dunbar, Vice President: Jennifer Coats, Secretary: Reed Sage, Treasurer: Mason Kuntz, Editor: Emma Boyd, STUCO Rep: Payton Enzbrenner.
Not only is FBLA a club where you can show off all your skills in business; but you can make new friends and meet people in the business world. You are helping your future too. This is a wonderful organization to join.
2014-15 FBLA Officers
President: Taylor Dunbar
Vice President: Jennifer Coats
Secretary: Reed Sage
Treasurer: Mason Kuntz
Editor: Emma Boyd
Student Council Representative: Payton Enzbrenner
State Leadership Conference-March 24 & 25, 2015
Ten FBLA students competed Tuesday and Wednesday at the State FBLA Leadership Conference. Congratulations to Jennifer Coats for placing 8th in Impromptu Speaking; Cassidy Wines and Sean Gorman for placing 2nd in Marketing and Cassidy Wines for placing 2nd in Business Plan. With their 2nd place finishes, Cassidy and Sean qualified for Nationals to be held this summer in Chicago.
State Economics Competition
Congratulations to the following students who placed 2nd at the Advanced State Economics competition on Wednesday April 1st. Sean Gorman, Reed Sage, Cody Walker, Dylan Weekley, and Jennifer Coats.
To bring business and education in a positive working relationship through
innovative leadership and career development programs.
Develop competent, aggressive business leadership
- Strengthen the confidences of students in themselves and their work
- Create more interest in and understanding of American business enterprise
- Encourage members in the development of individual projects which contribute to the improvement of home, business, and community
- Develop character, prepare for useful citizenship and foster patriotism
- Encourage and practice efficient money management
- Encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty
- Assist students in the establishment of occupational and career goals
- Facilitate the transition from school to work
- I believe education is the right of every person
- I believe the future depends on mutual understanding and cooperation among business, industry, labor, religious, family, and educational institutions, as well as people around the world
- I agree to do my utmost to bring about understanding and cooperation among all of these groups
- I believe every person should prepare for a useful occupation and carry on that occupation in a manner that brings the greatest good to the greatest number
- I believe every person should actively work toward improving social, political, community and family life
- I believe every person has the right to earn a living at a useful occupation and that this right should not be denied because of race, color, creed, sex, or handicap
- I believe every person should take responsibility for carrying out assigned tasks in a manner that brings credit to self, associates, school, and community
- I believe I have the responsibility to work efficiently and to think clearly
- I promise to use my abilities to make the world a better place for everyone
I solemnly promise to uphold the aims and responsibilities of Future Business
Leaders of America and, as an active member, I shall strive to develop the
qualities necessary in becoming a responsible business leader.