Listed below are many, many resources/websites of upcoming scholarship opportunities for Juniors and Seniors (some are even for Sophomores!)
The dates shown in bold are the deadline dates for each scholarship opportunity. I highly encourage each student fill out an application for the "Going Merry" scholarship search engine. This website simplifies the application process and makes it so much easier for the student to apply for multiple scholarships with one standardized process.
September 25, 2019
https://mattresshelp.org/scholarship/ - have to do a video to submit to get this scholarship, please read, very interesting
September 29, 2019
Opens up in October 2019
https://www.nhs.us/students/the-nhs-scholarship/ - National Honor Society Scholarships
October 15, 2019
Here is information for a scholarship the Kansas Buffalo Association is offering. I have attached the scholarship application, which is also available from the website: http://www.kansasbuffalo.org/news.cfm?id=7
The Kansas Buffalo Association is offering a $1000 scholarship to a high school senior or first-year college freshmen who is involved in raising bison and/or is planning to pursue a career in an agriculturally related field.
The KBA invites interested applicants to complete an application, provide one letter of reference and submit a 500-word essay outlining their relationship/interest in bison and why they should receive the scholarship.
KBA members may act as sponsors to qualify family, friends or a member of a local school or county ag-related organization (FFA, 4H, etc.) for this scholarship.
Applications and supporting materials are due by Oct. 15, 2019.
The scholarship will be awarded at the 28th Kansas Buffalo Association Sale in Salina, Kan., on Dec. 7, 2019. Either the recipient or his/her designate must be present to accept the scholarship and have a picture taken with representatives from the sponsoring organizations.
The successful applicant will be notified by mid-November. Questions? Please contact Kevin Leslie at 913-957-4687 or e-mail KevinELeslie@gmail.com.
October 16, 2019
PSAT/NMSQT specific scholarship.. the better you do on the PSAT, the better chance you have at receiving a scholarship through this program:
October 25, 2019
https://scholars.horatioalger.org/scholarships/ - up to $25,000 many different scholarships available
click on these two links for a brochure and more information:
November 5, 2019
https://www.elks.org/scholars/scholarships/mvs.cfm - Most Valuable Student Scholarship - $4,000 - $50,000
November 15, 2019
https://haganscholarships.org/ - for rural students, up to $6,000 each semester for eight consecutive semesters
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must attend an Eligible Public High School.
- Must be a student in the 2020 high school graduating class.
- Must have achieved a high school CGPA of 3.75 or higher.
- Must have scored 24 or higher on the ACT (Composite Score) or 1,150 on the SAT.
- Must enroll at an eligible four-year college the first semester following high school graduation.
- Must work 240 hours in the twelve months prior to the start of college; from August 2019 to August 2020.
- Must complete the FAFSA in 2019 using 2018 tax return information; the EFC must not exceed $6,500.
- Must apply for eligible Federal and State grants.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony.
OPENS UP November 15, 2019
https://www.legion.org/scholarships - 4 different scholarships to choose from, review each one for qualifications, can be up to $20,000 each year
https://www.kacrao.org/kacrao-scholarship - More information comes out in December 2019, the Kansas Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (KACRAO) offers scholarships to reward students who have demonstrated quality leadership during their high school years. Four $500 awards available.
December 4, 2019
http://programs.applyists.com/NFTFscholarship/ -Established by International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS) in 2017, the Notes for the Future Scholarship Program aims to support student musicians through scholarship funding to recipients as well as a free opportunity – for all applicants – to have their audition reviewed by departments of music from colleges and universities nationwide. The program awards scholarships of up to $1,000 to promising young musicians in the United States.
December 12, 2019
https://bluestemelectric.com/content/high-school-senior-scholarships - if you live in an area that Bluestem services, you qualify for a scholarship. Please come by Mr. Hancock's office to get an application.
December 17, 2019
http://www.acaciaksstate.org – Acacia Fraternity at Kansas State University. Scholarship for young men attending K-State, but are NOT dependent on membership to the fraternity. Apply here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSenXK73bLfWm3krXe1i64CR4KiO0IIi9eQTtgbWKrShALYkAA/viewform
December 20, 2019
https://www.derricklawfirm.com/library/scholarship.cfm - A $1,000 Scholarship For Those Affected By Auto Accidents
December 31, 2019 (September 17, 2019 opens up)
http://www.yesforliberty.org/scholarship.cfm - as high as $3,500.00
OPENS UP IN JANUARY 2020, DUE APRIL 1, 2020
http://kansasseed.net/ksia-scholarships - TWO $1,000 Scholarships for collegiate agriculture bound students
January 5, 2020
https://admissions.ku.edu/tuition-scholarships/hixson-opportunity-award - KU only up to $5,250 per year
January 10, 2020
https://www.kllscholarshipfund.org/scholarship - $2,000 annual, renewable up to 4 years – For children who have lost their parents due to cancer
OPENS UP IN JANUARY 2020
https://coolidgescholars.org/apply/ - The Coolidge Scholarship is an annually awarded, full-ride, presidential scholarship that covers a student’s tuition, room, board, and expenses for four years of undergraduate study. The Coolidge may be used by recipients at any accredited American college or university. Anyone of any background, pursuing any academic discipline of study, may apply to this non-partisan, need-blind, program.
OPENS UP IN FEBRUARY 2020
http://www.kcceoa.org/scholarship/ - The Kansas County Clerks' and Election Officials' Association awards scholarships annually to Kansas high school seniors and college freshmen and sophomores, provided they carry a minimum 3.0 GPA.
February 1, 2020
Kansas City Associated Equipment Distributors (KCAED) – Four annual scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each ($500/semester) to up to four full-time students attending a vocational/technical school and pursuing a certificate or associates degree in Diesel Mechanics or Heavy Equipment Repair. See Mr. Hancock for the application and eligibility requirements
https://www.azuracu.com/Promotions/Scholarship.aspx - Azura Credit Union believes in going above and beyond for our community, that is why we are offering two scholarship opportunities:
The Above and Beyond ScholarshipThis scholarship is open to those eligible applicants seeking a degree at a college, university, technical or vocational school.
Diane Wright Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is open to those eligible applicants seeking a degree in the Educational field.
Applications are being accepted till February 1, 2020. Scholarship recipients will be awarded a onetime $1,000 scholarship in March 2020.
Eligible applicants include:
- Azura Credit Union Members or those with an immediate family member with an Azura account
- Membership effective date must be prior to December 2018
- Applicants will be attending an accredited higher education institute within the state of Kansas
- Applicants should be classified as one or more of the following:
A high school senior graduating in 2019
A current or future university college student
A current or future vocational or technical institute student
- Both traditional and non-traditional students are encouraged to apply
February 14, 2020
Walter Byers Scholarship (approx $1,000)
Mr. Walter Byers, the first executive director of the NCAA and a long time rancher from the Emmett, Kansas area, left a scholarship for Kansas high school graduates. Applicants must graduate from a high school in Pottawatomie, Wabaunsee, Jackson, or Nemaha counties, and have a 3.0 grade point average based on a 4.0 scale. The scholarship may be renewed through college as long as the student maintains a 3.0 grade point average, and can extend to post graduate studies in a field other than law or veterinary medicine. The recipient must have been a Kansas resident for a least four years prior to receipt of the scholarship. The scholarship can be used to attend any college or university in the United States. Special consideration will be given to applicants with financial need. Students attending a high school in Jackson or Nemaha Counties, click here to apply: Walter Byers Scholarship Application Students attending schools in Pottawatomie or Wabaunsee counties see the application list at the bottom of this page.
- Available to a high school senior from Jackson, Nemaha, Pottawatomie or Wabaunsee counties
- The applicant must be a Kansas resident for at least four years prior to receipt of the scholarship
- Grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (3.0 GPA must be maintained in college for renewal)
- Evidence of financial need required
Edward Phillips Memorial Scholarship (approx. $1000)
This scholarship for non-traditional students will be awarded in memory of Ed Phillips (1953-2013). Ed grew up as one of 13 children on a farm in Valley Falls, Kansas. In the Phillips family, education was revered for each child; its importance was one of the core values of their family. Ed earned a Bachelor’s degree from Kansas State University in Agricultural Education, thus combining two of his loves. Shortly after he began teaching at St. George High School he was diagnosed with a large benign spinal cord tumor, removal of which left him an incomplete quadriplegic. His personal bravery and determination didn’t let paralysis stop him. Because this was prior to the Americans With Disabilities Act, he was not allowed to teach agriculture as a disabled person. Undaunted, he went back to graduate school at Kansas State University and began working at the Kaw Valley State Bank in Wamego, Kansas. He eventually served on their Board of Directors and retired as the Senior Vice President and Chairman of the Mortgage Loan Department. His wife, Mary Alice, and eleven children carry on Ed’s perseverance and devotion to education. Ed began his college education sure that the traditional student path would be his. Life changed that! His family and friends would like this scholarship to assist someone facing a challenge in life to study something new and change the trajectory of their own life as Ed did. Click here to apply: Edward Phillips Memorial Scholarship Application
Kaw Valley State Bank Employee Scholarship (approx. three $250)
The employees of Kaw Valley State Bank have established a scholarship fund to assist students attending schools in Pottawatomie and Wabaunsee counties and Clifton-Clyde high school
- Available to a high school senior from Pottawatomie or Wabaunsee counties, and Clifton-Clyde high school.
- The recipient shall be enrolled in any accredited two or four year post secondary institution.
- Special consideration shall be given to a family member of an employee of Kaw Valley State Bank.
- Special consideration shall be given to any student who shows leadership within their school by being part of a club or civic group.
BILL OF RIGHTS INSTITUTE
https://billofrightsinstitute.org/engage/students-programs-events/scholarship/?utm_source=NEWSLETTER&utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=GENERAL&utm_term=GENERIC - "We the Students" Essay - What are the essential qualities of a citizen in your community in the 21st century America?
This year we are asking you to dig deep and make your scholarship essay personal. A citizen comes in many shapes and sizes. Some serve their community by voting and participating in political events. Others serve through entrepreneurship or philanthropy. We want to know what you think makes a good citizen in your community. We encourage you to bring emotion, creativity, specific examples (including current events), and well-researched facts into what you write. A good essay will demonstrate how citizenship is not an abstract idea, but is, in fact, action inspired by constitutional principles. We can’t wait to see what citizenship looks like in your community!
1st Place – $5,000 and a scholarship to our 2019 Constitutional Academy in Washington, DC
Runners Up – Six prizes at $1,250 each
Honorable Mentions – Eight prizes at $500 each
February 15, 2020
https://alzfdn.org/young-leaders-of-afa/afa-teens/scholarship-contest/ - Alzheimer’s Foundation of American 2019 Teen Scholarship Essay Contest - $500 and up to $5,000 in scholarship money available.
http://www.waceinc.org/scholarship/ - National Co-op Scholarship, many awards available – see website for eligibility and application information
https://www.dar.org/national-society/scholarships - The NSDAR awards multiple scholarships to students showing dedication to the pursuit of degrees in diverse disciplines including history, law, nursing, and education. Two Scholarships, one is $5,000 annually
https://www.gpacac.net/scholarships – Great Plains Association of College Admission Counselors - varying amounts, 3 scholarships available.
March 1, 2020
Dover Community Foundation Scholarships – High school graduates with ties to the Dover community who will be attending any accredited college, university, community college or technical college in the Fall of 2019 may apply. Previous Dover Community Foundation scholarship recipients may reapply. Dollar amount of the awards vary---multiple applicants will receive an award. Students must maintain a 2.0 gpa in order to receive a renewal.
Bob Bower's Memorial Scholarship - $500 awarded to one Mission Valley senior – See Mr. Hancock for application and eligibility or click here for the application and requirements
Richard Johnston Memorial Scholarship - $500 awarded to one Mission Valley senior – See Mr. Hancock for application and eligibility or click here for the application and requirements
- https://www.kfb.org/Foundation-for-Agriculture/Scholarships - Kansas Farm Bureau – multiple scholarships at varying amounts
- https://eangks.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/KNG-Foundation-Scholarship-Application.pdf - Kansas National Guard Scholarship - Each year, members of the Foundation will make scholarship determinations based on the requirements below and reward scholarships in increments of $1,000 each up to a total of five scholarships.
- https://www.evergy.com/community/scholarship-opportunities - Evergy (formerly Westar Energy/Kansas City Power & Light) and WCNOC (Wolf Creek Nuclear Operating Corporation) will be offering in 2020. The first flier contains information about our 9 Craft Scholarships (linemen, power plant operators and wind energy technicians) valued at $3,000 each per year and renewable for 1 additional year. Please share this information with your high school seniors who may have an interest in one of these craft careers. Students interested in our craft scholarships will need to visit our company website and click on the “Scholarship” link which is located at the bottom of the page under the Community tab to complete the application. A separate Ellis Foundation application will also be required, and information on how to complete the second application will be forthcoming after the first application is received. Deadline to apply for the Craft scholarships is March 1, 2020.
click here to view each flyer:
- https://www.ksgrainandfeed.org/about-kgfa/scholarship-program/ - The Kansas Grain and Feed Association will award the following scholarships for the 2019-2020 school year on the basis of merit:
- 1 – $500 Dub and Inez Johnson Memorial Scholarship ($250 each semester)
4 – $1,000 KGFA Scholarships ($500 each semester)
14 – $1,500 KGFA Scholarships ($750 each semester)
- Graduating Kansas high-school seniors
Self-starters, excellent academic credentials, good school and community citizens, strong desire to continue their education
Planning to attend any Kansas 4-year university, community college or votechnical school
The Kansas Agribusiness Retailers Association will award the following scholarships for the 2018-2019 school year on the basis of merit to any high school or current undergraduate student:
1 – $500 JIM LEE MEMORIAL AGRIBUSINESS/AGRONOMY SCHOLARSHIP
6 – $1,500 AGRIBUSINESS/AGRONOMY SCHOLARSHIPS
Click here for the .pdf application
For more information contact:
- https://tortoiseadvisors.com/scholarship/ - The Tortoise Young Entrepreneurs Scholarship is awarded annually to high school seniors and college students who have demonstrated an interest in entrepreneurship. The scholarship is sponsored by Tortoise Capital Advisors and aims to foster entrepreneurship among today’s youth. At Tortoise, we are proud of our firm’s entrepreneurial culture and are passionate about helping the next generation of entrepreneurs. Details on the scholarship are below. A flyer is attached for your convenience.
We will award three, non-renewable scholarships:
First Place: $3,000
Second Place: $2,000
Third Place: $1,000
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a permanent resident of the United States who is enrolled or plans to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study towards a bachelor’s degree, or;
- Be a non-resident of the United States who is enrolled or plans to enroll as a full-time student in a four-year bachelor’s program or graduate program at an accredited university or college, and;
- Have a recommended minimum 3.3 grade-point average (on a 4.0 scale or equivalent) and minimum ACT score of 24 or SAT score of 1680 (includes writing section).
The mission of SkillsUSA Kansas is to empower its members to become world-class workers, leaders, and
responsible American citizens. SkillsUSA improves the quality of our nation’s future skilled workforce
through the development of Framework skills that include personal, workplace and technical skills
grounded in academics.
To assist students who are pursuing career technical goals, SkillsUSA Kansas will award a maximum of six
(6) scholarships per year. Each scholarship is a one-time award: Two (2) Bronze Level Award of $300.00;
Two (2) Silver Level Awards of $500; and Two (2) Gold Level Awards of $750. Scholarships are for high
school junior or senior members and post-secondary members.
Click here for the application: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-JgmM4-qguIa0pJT...
March 8, 2020
The annual BBB Student of Integrity Awards program is sponsored by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) Foundation.These scholarships were established to honor the memory of Mr. Scott Mecham who served as BBB president from 1991 until January 2006.
Twelve $2,000 scholarships will be awarded to students who reside in the geographic area served by the BBB - Metro Omaha/Southwest Iowa, Metro Lincoln/Greater Nebraska, South Dakota and The Kansas Plains.
All high schools located in the BBB's service area are invited to identify students of integrity that are high school seniors. The Student of Integrity Award scholarships are not based on ethnicity or grade point average. These awards recognize students that personify values, leadership and integrity.
For more information, please contact BBB Communications Director Margo Riekes at 402-898-8526 or 800-649-6814 #8526.
https://www.bbb.org/nebraska/for-businesses/programs-services/bbb-awards-pages/student-of-integrity-award-scholarships - Twelve $2,000 scholarships will be awarded to students who reside in the geographic area served by the BBB - Metro Omaha/Southwest Iowa, Metro Lincoln/Greater Nebraska, South Dakota and The Kansas Plains.
March 15, 2020 - (opens up December 1, 2019)
The Kansas Contractors Association is offering a minimum $2,000 scholarship -
for any student enrolled in a construction management, construction science, construction engineering technology or related field of study at an accredited Kansas university, community college or technical college.
Application is HERE
March 16, 2020
KANSAS CRIME STOPPERS ASSOCIATION
COLLEGIATE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Terms and Conditions:
- Must be a graduating senior of an accredited Kansas high school.
- This scholarship will be awarded by April 13, 2020
- This scholarship in non-renewable.
- Click here for the application: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-JgmM4-qguIWkUwc...
March 25, 2020
KANSAS CRIME STOPPERS ASSOCIATION - A one-time disbursement of scholarship funds in the amount of $500 will be paid to the recipient.
Application is located here. Please 'make a copy' or 'print'out a copy to complete and submit to the contact information at the bottom of the 1st page.
April 1, 2020
LLOYD & EDITH COPENHAFER SCHOLARSHIPS
---K-STATE UNIVERSITY & WASHBURN UNIVERSITY
Two Mission Valley seniors will be awarded a $1000 scholarship---one attending K-State and one attending Washburn University ---These scholarships are in memory of Lloyd & Edith Copenhafer, former residents of the Mission Valley area who pursued post-secondary education and wanted to assist local students in that endeavor.
www.ksc.ks.gov/essaycontest - The Office of the Kansas Securities Commissioner (KSC), the Office of the State Bank Commissioner (OSBC) and the Kansas Insurance Department (KID) are consumer protection agencies dedicated to keeping Kansans informed about issues concerning their finances, and promoting integrity and increasing transparency and fairness in the financial services industry. Our agencies are sponsoring an essay competition and will award up to five scholarships to Kansas high school seniors this year. STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS First Place: $3,000 Second Place: $2,000 Third Place: $1,000 Fourth Place: $1,000 Fifth Place: $1,000
Essay submissions will be accepted from Jan. 21, 2019 until 11:59 p.m. CST, Monday, April 1, 2019. Judge’s clock is the official time keeper. If possible, entry forms and essays should be merged into a single Word document attachment and emailed by the deadline to: firstname.lastname@example.org
KANSAS SEED INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION $1,000 Scholarship
- Applicants may be high school seniors or college students.
- Applicants must plan to attend a college in Kansas.
- Applicants must be seeking a degree in Agronomy, Ag Education,
Ag Econ/Business, Ag Communications, Food Science, Grain
Millling, Ag Technology, Ag Farm Management, Horticulture, etc.
April 15, 2020
https://www.aynrand.org/students/essay-contests - 11th/12th Grade up to $2,000 cash for winning essay - essay must be associated with Ayn Rand's literature -- many free books available for this. You can see Mrs. Spoon, Mr. Taylor or Mrs. McGann for a free book to use as long as they need to complete the essay.
WABAUNSEE COUNTY FARM BUREAU SCHOLARSHIP
---Parents must be Wabaunsee Co. Farm Bureau members
---planning to major in an agricultural related field (at university, community college or technical college)
---must have 3.0 gpa
May 31, 2020
PB&J Scholarship - $1,000 - apply at http://bit.ly/pbjscholarship
We are looking for students who have experienced challenges in their life and who have the drive to succeed. This scholarship is being offered to MVHS for the first time.
Eligibility - Open to all college bound seniors that will attend an accredited 2 year or 4 year college in fall 2020.
Varying 2020 Dates
https://nths.org/scholarships-2/ - Career/Technical Education Scholarships – MUST REVIEW eligibility requirements as these scholarships do require some type of membership
Porch.com, and we are very passionate about helping students achieve higher education. I'm reaching out to spread the word about our Porch Scholarship.
Our $2,000 Porch Scholarship occurs four times a year and is open to high school seniors and current college students.
You can find all the information related to the scholarship on the link below.
Our application dates are as follows:
- Spring Contest Cycle: April 17 - July 17 of each year.
- Summer Contest Cycle: July 18 - October 14 of each year.
- Summer Contest Cycle: July 18 - October 14 of each year.
- Winter Contest Cycle: January 16 - April 16 of each year
2020 dates not yet determined (check back with website often)
https://www.reaganfoundation.org/education/scholarship-programs/ge-reagan-foundation-scholarship-program/ - up to $40,000 for four years
http://www.nationalgrocers.org/nga-foundation/scholarships - do you like to eat asparagus.. yes you can get a scholarship for it
All Year Round
https://gotranscript.com/scholarship-program - Scholarship Amount: $1000 USD
Frequency: This scholarship is offered during the Spring and Fall semesters (2017-2022)
Accounting Degree Scholarships
https://www.discoverbusiness.us/resources/accounting-degree-scholarships/ - an ever updated list of nationally based accounting scholarships
Business Degree Scholarships
https://www.discoverbusiness.us/resources/business-degree-scholarships/ - an ever updated list of nationally based accounting scholarships
Open now if you are a golfer and are associated with a recognized junior golf program, such as Kansas Junior Golf Association, Kansas Golf Association, Kansas Women’s Golf Association, AJGA, The First Tee, Wichita Junior Golf Foundation, Native American Junior Golf Association.
GO TO THIS WEBSITE TO FIND STATE AND FEDERAL SCHOLARSHIPS AND WILL ALLOW YOU TO COMPLETE ONE APPLICATION TO APPLY FOR ALL THAT YOU ARE QUALIFIED TO RECEIVE:
https://www.goingmerry.com/ - You will be automatically assigned to MVHS so that your counselor can assist you with scholarships if you request. Counselor will invite seniors each year to this site. It is FREE!!!!
General Scholarship Site(s)
https://www.unigo.com/scholarships/by-state/kansas-scholarships <--- HAS A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE SCHOLARSHIP!